Balint Orban Memorial Competition
The Balint Orban Memorial Program provides a platform for clinical or basic research to be presented by current periodontal residents or students who completed their training no more than 18 months prior to the Annual Meeting.
Abstract submissions for the 2018 Balint Orban Memorial Competition are now closed.
Research Forum Poster Session
The Research Forum provides a platform for clinical and basic research to be presented by those in the field of periodontics and is open to all researchers.
Abstract submissions for the 2018 Research Forum Poster Session are now closed.
Abstracts for the Balint Orban Memorial Competition and the Research Forum Poster Session can be viewed online.
Innovations in Periodontics
Submissions for the 2018 Annual Meeting are now closed.
2019 Annual Meeting: Call for Innovations in Periodontics abstracts
The Continuing Education Oversight Committee (CEOC) is soliciting presentations that address advances in clinical periodontics, basic sciences, or related subjects for the Innovations in Periodontics program for the 105th Annual Meeting to be held Nov. 2-5, 2019, in Chicago, Ill. These sessions will consist of 15-minute presentations. A five-minute question-and-answer period will follow each lecture.
The format for the 2019 Innovations in Periodontics program has been completely redesigned by the CEOC. There will be four sessions offered:
Advances in Periodontics: These two sessions are intended to showcase clinical advances and/or translational research with direct application to patient care. The target speaker is anyone who has validated innovation to share. Individual and team-based presentations are welcome for this session,
Rising Stars: This session is intended for speakers in practice 10 years or less following post-graduate training. The selected candidates will receive training to present their material in a "TED talk-like" format.
Perio Open Mic: This session is a platform to present a pivotal concept, perspective, or paradigm-shifting philosophy. The target presenter is a mid- to late-career periodontal clinician or scientist with a validated innovation to showcase. Unlike Advances in Periodontics, this is the forum to present a philosophy, ideology, or thought, rather than a case presentation.
Individual presentation abstract submission procedure:
- Abstracts will be subjected to a blind review and scoring by members of the CEOC.
- Presenters will be informed of the committee's decision in spring 2019.
- Presenters can submit as many abstracts as they would like. However, no one can present more than once.
You will need to provide the following information about your presentation:
- The title, which should be 10 words or fewer, and not include brand and/or trade names or acronyms
- Why this presentation is innovative
- How your presentation impacts practicing periodontists
- Which of the following topics it covers:
- Emerging Concepts and Innovative Therapies
- Implant Surgery and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Interdisciplinary Therapy (ortho, endo, restorative)
- Leadership, Personal, and Practice Development
- Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, and Oral Diagnosis
- Periodontal and Systemic Interrelationships
- Periodontal Plastic and Soft Tissue Surgery
- Sedation and Anxiety Management
- Tissue Engineering and Hard Tissue Reconstruction
- Treatment of Periodontal Diseases and Peri-Implant Diseases
Team-based presentation abstract submission for Advances in Periodontics procedure:
- The team-based presentation will consist of presenting a case and then describing the treatment and rationale for therapy, or an etiopathogenetic mechanism or pathway.
- Teams are limited to two speakers.
Teams will need to submit one of the following cases:
- Periodontal-restorative dentate aesthetic
- Complex periodontal-restorative aesthetic implant
- Complex periodontal-orthodontic demonstrating PAOO orthodontic site development for implants
- Correct aesthetic implant complication with interdisciplinary therapy
Interested parties should submit abstracts and cases for committee consideration by Dec. 14, 2018, via the Abstract Manager website. For questions, contact Continuing Education Manager Audra Rothermel at email@example.com or 312-573-3216.
Please note that as an Innovations in Periodontics speaker, complimentary meeting registration is not extended by the Academy. Speakers must take care of their registration fees and related travel accommodations and expenses for the meeting if they wish to present.
The American Academy of Periodontology is an ADA CERP® recognized education provider.